For a Dignified FUneral
In a Taoist funeral, rituals and procedures vary between different dialect groups and it normally lasts for either three, five, or seven days.
With the various denominations within Taoism, funeral rituals and rites may differ, especially between different dialect groups. Some of the more commonly performed rituals during a Taoist funeral includes:
- Garnering merits for the dearly departed;
- Gaining protection for the departed’s body from monsters and demons;
- To separate the dead person from the living; and
- To gain protection and blessings for the family members
- To repent and be pardoned for their sins by the deities and ascend to Heaven or reincarnate as a human depending on their deeds.